Full of vitamins and minerals, these seasoned sweet potato wedges would make a great side for any autumn meal.
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Servings: 4
- 2 orange-fleshed sweet potatoes, about 1 lb. total, peeled
- 1 tbs. canola or safflower oil
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tbs. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat an oven to 400°F.
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise into slices 1/2 inch thick. Stack half of the slices and cut lengthwise into strips 1/2 inch wide. Repeat with the remaining slices. Rinse the strips with cold water and spread on a clean kitchen towel; blot dry with a second kitchen towel.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl. Drizzle with the oil, sprinkle with the cumin and toss to coat evenly.
- Preheat a nonstick baking sheet in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and carefully arrange the potatoes in a single layer on the hot baking sheet. Roast the potatoes, turning every 10 minutes, until evenly browned and tender when pierced with a knife, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Transfer the potatoes to a serving dish and sprinkle with the salt, a grind of pepper and the cilantro. Toss gently to coat. Serve immediately. Serves 4.
For more quick & easy recipes, visit redplum.com/recipes.