If you're someone who counts down the seconds to pumpkin spice latte (#PSL) release day at Starbucks every year, why not try a pumpkin spice-inspired cocktail this fall? It doesn't get better than sipping something delicious from the coziness of your home.
A Moscow mule is one of the easiest cocktails to make at home - for the traditional version, all you need is your vodka of choice (or a bottle of whatever's on sale!), ginger beer, and lime juice. But it's fall... so, let's give this classic a seasonal makeover with the help of a few extra ingredients.
Here, we'll go over everything you need to make pumpkin spice Moscow mules at home.
Yields 1 serving.
- 1 teaspoon of canned pumpkin puree
- 2 ounces of vodka (use vanilla-flavored vodka for some extra sweetness!)
- 1/4 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice (or combine ground cinnamon, ginger, cloves & nutmeg, to taste)
- A dash of vanilla extract
- 6 ounces of ginger beer
- A squeeze of fresh lime juice
- Cinnamon stick for garnish (optional)
- Add vodka, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, vanilla, and lime juice to a cocktail shaker or sealed Mason jar.
- Shake until ingredients are combined
- Pour into a copper mug (or any cocktail glass!) filled with ice
- Top with ginger beer
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice
Want to get even fancier at home? Here are some ideas for upgrading your pumpkin mule!
- Add sweetness by shaking your cocktail ingredients with maple syrup, honey, or agave nectar - the rich flavors of these syrups will taste great with the pumpkin pie spice!
- Take your garnish game to the next level with a dehydrated orange slice, caramel-dipped apple wedge, or a piece of maple rock candy.
- Rim the lip of your copper mug or cocktail glass with caramel sauce or vanilla frosting, then dip in cinnamon sugar.
- If you can't get enough of the pumpkin pie flavor, look for pumpkin pie-flavored vodka at your local liquor store. Or, get creative at home and infuse your own vodka with pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spices!
- Not a vodka fan? Turn this into a pumpkin spice Kentucky mule by swapping your favorite bourbon for the vodka, or a Mexican one by using tequila or mezcal.
How else can I save this fall?
Save has great tips to help you save and make the most of your fall family time. With advice about everything from DIY self care ideas to affordable recipe upgrades, Save makes sticking to your budget easy... like it should be. Want to save even more on our next trip to the grocery store or pharmacy? Check out Save.com's new coupon book finder!